Ultra Life Social Has You Covered This 4th of July! Check Out Whats Going On In South Florida This Independence Day
This year, the choices for a fun Independence Day are better than ever. No matter what your speed, there are celebrations for you. Here is a list of some of the more popular places to see the rocket’s red glare. If you’re considering having your own backyard fireworks celebration, be sure to brush up on Florida fireworks law before you do so!
- America’s Birthday Bash at Bayfront Park: Enjoy live multicultural music while eating delicious food from one of the many booths. Stay until dark for the fireworks, the highlight of the celebration. While most spectacular here in the ampitheatre, the display should be visible throughout most of downtown and over the water. The festival begins at 3PM and concludes with fireworks at 9PM. The Bayside Ampitheatre is located at 301 Biscayne Blvd in downtown Miami. For more information, call (305) 358-7550.
- City of Miami Beach Fourth of July Celebration: This is a truly unique, touching demonstration of our independence. Beginning at 7:00 PM, music will bring the crowd to its feet. Fireworks will start at 9:00 PM. I can’t think of a more patriotic or more purely Miami way to celebrate! Festivities will be on the beach at 8th Street and Ocean Drive. For more information, call the Miami Beach Tourism Center at (305) 673-7400.
- Old Fashioned July Fourth at The Barnacle: Celebrate the Fourth the old-fashioned way at Miami’s first house still standing on its original ground. Open from 11 AM – 4 PM, the Monroe House will be opened to visitors for tours. There will be children’s activities, kite-making, and knot demonstrations, among other period-inspired activities. You’re invited to bring a picnic lunch or purchase food on site, but you should make other dinner plans: there are no fireworks at this celebration, Barnacle State Historic Site is located in the heart of the Grove at 3485 Main Highway. Call the Historical Society at (305) 442-6866 for more information.
- Peacock Park Fireworks in Coconut Grove: If you spend the day at the Barnacle, why not cap it off with fireworks at Peacock Park? The Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a celebration that will feature food trucks, live music, a children’s play area and an evening fireworks celebration starting at 9PM. For more details, call (305) 444-7270.
- Key Biscayne Fourth of July Parade: It’s a good old-fashioned parade in Key Biscayne this Independence Day! This Key Biscayne tradition features floats, music and fireworks. The parade begins along Crandon Boulevard at 11AM. For more information, see the Key Biscayne Fourth of July website.
- City of Homestead Concert and Fireworks: For those in southern Miami-Dade County, the Homestead Miami Speedway is also hosting an Independence Day festival and fireworks show. The festival runs from 6-10PM and will feature entertainment, food and music with a fireworks show. For more, call the City of Homestead Department of Parks and Recreation at (305) 224-4570.
- Fort Lauderdale Fourth of July Celebration: If you’re looking to travel up north a bit, Fort Lauderdale is hosting the City of Fort Lauderdale Fourth of July Spectacular at A1A and Las Olas. The celebration begins at 1PM with family activities including a DJ and beach games. Music will continue throughout the evening with fireworks on the beach at 9PM. For more information, contact the City of Fort Lauderdale at (954) 828-5363.